JoyfulWorks

JoyfulWorks

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Who Am I? I Am Recognizing the Fruit of the Seeds I Sow.

Showing off my new flower garden, I realized others confuse seedlings with weeds because they did not plant the seed.  A few of the flowers have blossomed and blooms are opening, even though the plants are still small and have not filled in the garden as of yet.  

Pointing out seedlings sprouting and breaking through the ground around the bigger, yet young plants, friends made the remark, "I thought those were weeds."  

My reply, "Since I planted the seeds, I know what to look for, I can identify which ones are seedlings."  

Photo credit:  unknown
This made me think.  Often times we plant seed spiritually, whether it is the Word of God into someone's life, or sowing financially into a ministry, etc.  As the sower, we can identify the seed sprouting and recognize it as growth from the seeds we planted, others may not recognize it as such.  

Until the seed grows and produces fruit, blossoms and flowers, others may see it as weeds.  Do not let them pull it out.  

How do people pull out your seedlings as weeds when it is spiritual sowing and reaping?

Let's say, I planted seed by sowing a new computer into someone else's life, knowing that the seed I plant will reap a harvest of it's own kind (i.e.: If I plant tomato seeds, I reap tomatoes.)   However, a few weeks later my own computer burns up and either needs repair or replacing.  A friend may make the remark, you should have put that money into a new computer for yourself, not so-n-so. 

Entertaining thoughts like this have the potential to discourage you, rather than keeping your eye on the harvest God has promised you will reap (Law of Sowing and Reaping). Becoming discouraged, and doubt enters rather than faith in knowing God always is true to His Word.  

Do not let others pull up your seedlings, just because they do not recognize them.  

Faith, in the above situation says, I sowed into some one's life as I was led by God.  I will reap a computer that will supersede all my needs and expectations as a result, whether the money comes to buy one of my choosing or someone comes and buys it for me.  

Command the devil to keep his hands off of your harvest!  You know what you planted, and you know the harvest that is coming! 

Matthew 13: 23-30,36-43

No comments:

Post a Comment